[Asterisk-Users] SpanDSP - Squished Faxes

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jun 24 10:49:28 MST 2005

On Friday 24 June 2005 13:23, Brian West wrote:
> Check the clocking on your T1's if you're using a TDM board GIVE UP
> NOW those don't do faxing well due to frame slips.

EASY there, Brian, easy...  There are some very smart cookies (and me, but I'm
not a smart cookie) working on this.  It is rumoured (I have not yet tested)
that 1.0.7 does NOT have this problem, and I KNOW I had it working with HEAD
but that was probably back March or even Februaryish timeframe.

> Squished faxes are the number one sign of clocking issues on your
> boards.

??  I find it highly doubtful that missing an entire line (and not more or
less) is indicative of a clocking issue...  usually you get data corruption
with clock slips, not complete and neat and tidy missing lines, but I suppose
anything's possible.

-A.