[Asterisk-Users] Exposing Zap Channels on Server A to be Used By Server B

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Fri Jun 24 09:50:49 MST 2005

On Jun 24, 2005, at 9:07 AM, Wiley Siler wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I remember there is a way to use two Asterisk servers and allow one to
> see a virtual trunk that makes it so server B can use the ZAP channels
> on server A.
> Does anyone know where I can find this?  I am racking my brain trying
> to remember the terminology.
> It was like creating a 24 channel virtual T1 connection from server B
> to Server A that allowed server B to not have any ZAP hardware.
> Anyone know what I am talking about?  I am searching the Wiki now but
> not hitting…
>
> Setup:
> Server A has TMD lines and Voip.providers
> Server B has only some extensions, needs to connect to Server A and
> use its ZAP channels

FWIW I've just been IAX2 trunking over to my other server with the
TE110P in it; works very reliably and I can do a failover to VoIP if,
say, all channels are busy or something else bad happens. It can also
give me two-way (inbound AND outbound) failover with timeout forwarding
from my VoIP provider, where if after xx seconds my external inbound
IAX2 trunk does not pick up (either by design or ISP failure) the call
is routed to my Cox DID, then internally IAX2 trunked across to my PBX.

I'm sure all this can be done with the TDMoE method, but I was just
throwing this at you so can make an informed decision.

Robert Goodyear
Brand Up LLC
http://www.brand-up.com