[Asterisk-Users] Exposing Zap Channels on Server A to be Used By Server B

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Fri Jun 24 09:07:40 MST 2005

Hello All,

I remember there is a way to use two Asterisk servers and allow one to
see a virtual trunk that makes it so server B can use the ZAP channels
on server A.

Does anyone know where I can find this?  I am racking my brain trying to
remember the terminology.

It was like creating a 24 channel virtual T1 connection from server B to
Server A that allowed server B to not have any ZAP hardware.

Anyone know what I am talking about?  I am searching the Wiki now but
not hitting...

Setup:

Server A has TMD lines and Voip.providers

Server B has only some extensions, needs to connect to Server A and use
its ZAP channels

Thanks,

Wiley