[Asterisk-Users] French Audio Files

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Fri Jun 24 06:54:32 MST 2005

>>The sound set I had was Canadian French. "Appuyez sur la touche carré"
>>type messages.
>>

>I know, I thought that, I commented on the list about a year ago and was
>assured that she came from Nice, I can't say too much because my accent
>and sometimes my construction also comes out like Garou.

Well it's great to have some free french sound files already, but I
wouldn't mind an extra set. Maybe I should hire my girlfriend to produce
a set of 'creole french' sounds, that'd be fun: "si ou vé ékout lo
messaj syvan, press sis" :)

>Perhaps it's
>living in New Zealand that's changed her accent and that the sound set
>was aimed at Canada with a direct translation of the American.
>
>Pound in US English, Hash in English.

Pound = carré = direct translation? Mind you, "appuyez sur la touche
livre" would be worse :)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.