[Asterisk-Users] Re: Cisco 7960 firmware upgrade promblems

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Fri Jun 24 05:13:21 MST 2005

For what it is worth, this is not what I did. Since you have already
upgraded two phones to 7.4, I will assume that you know how to do that
properly. Actually, a quick run-down:

1.) install SIP v5.x by specifying the image name in the OS79XX.txt file
and the SIP<MAC>.cnf file. The file name should be the same in both
files.
2.) Upgrade to SIP v7.0 (This step might be unneccessary, but I'm not
sure). You need to put "P003-07-0-0" in the OS79XX.txt file, and
"P0S3-07-0-0" in the SIP<MAC>.cnf file. Make sure that you have the
P0S3-07-0-00.loads file in the tftpboot directory, too!
3.) Now load the v7.4 firmware by specifying "P003-07-4-0" in the
OS79XX.txt file, and "P0S3-07-4-0" in the SIP<MAC>.cnf file. Make sure
that you have the P0S3-07-4-00.loads file in the tftpboot directory,
too!

One note to add, make sure that you copy the .zip file to the asterisk
box first, thenunzip it. Do not unzip it on your PC and copy the files
individually. Also double check permissions on the files (though again,
you have had no problems with the othe rtwo phones.

If you can't get to the settings portion of the phone to manually
specify the TFTP server and the Network address, I would recommend that
you try downgrading the firmware. It's possible that the phone has the
correct settings, but the upgrade is failing.

Failing all else, you could install a DHCP server that specifies the
TFTP server to the phone so that it gets the right address from the DHCP
server.

Tom