[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 'losing' upstream provider registration state during small network outages.

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu Jun 23 13:58:53 MST 2005

I was just testing Shaw Extreme Cable connection and had a similar
problem but with IAX.  After few hours I was losing IAX registration nor
could I make a call to VoipJet using IAX.  Rebooting the firewall
restore the connection but after few hours it would happen again.
Though, I think the problem is with Shaw Cable network as I re-connected
the same firewall to DSL and the connection stays up.

Iit would nice if there was some kind of "switch setting" that would
allow to monitor registration with the provider every certain number of
minutes, if it detect de-registration it should try to re-register if it
fails drop an email to a user/administrator etc.

--
#Joseph