[Asterisk-Users] OT: MAX TNT and PRI calling name (CNAM) facility message

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Jun 23 09:02:18 MST 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 12:20:34AM -0600, Kevin Blackham wrote:
> Does anyone have a MAX/APX with working ingress PRI calling name?
>
> I recently acquired a MAX TNT on the cheap and it's integrating fine
> except for one thing.  In the 11.0.0 release notes, it is stated that
> ISDN calling name will, if present and permitted by presentation
> flags, be added to the From: and Remote-Party-ID: headers of the
> INVITE.  I'm not able to make this happen.  Pcap captures show it is
> indeed in neither header, and I suspect the MAX is sending the INVITE
> before it receives this data.  Debug traces show it does receive the
> message, but due to limitations of the CLI, I cannot correlate whether
> it's received before or after the INVITE is dispatched.  It works
> great direct to Asterisk (of course) via TE410P on the same NI-2
> spans.
>
> My FACILITY message that contains the CNAM wanders in from 100 to
> 400ms after the initial SETUP.  I can't seem to find any way to get
> the MAX to stall for a half-second before invoking the INVITE (if
> that's even the issue).  Is my provider too slow?  Is there another
> valid way for CNAM to be provided during the SETUP message, assuming
> my provider can stall the call setup until the SS7 query is returned?
> (google for Q.931 docs not helping me much there either)

That's one of the (many) ways that caller name is provided.  In fact, it's
pretty much the most common way that I've seen for ISDN PRI.  I don't
know if you're provider supports it, but sometimes you can get it in the
SETUP message.  I'm not sure what level of control they have though.

Matthew Fredrickson