[Asterisk-Users] OT: MAX TNT and PRI calling name (CNAM) facility message

Kevin Blackham blackham at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 23:20:34 MST 2005

Does anyone have a MAX/APX with working ingress PRI calling name?

I recently acquired a MAX TNT on the cheap and it's integrating fine
except for one thing.  In the 11.0.0 release notes, it is stated that
ISDN calling name will, if present and permitted by presentation
flags, be added to the From: and Remote-Party-ID: headers of the
INVITE.  I'm not able to make this happen.  Pcap captures show it is
indeed in neither header, and I suspect the MAX is sending the INVITE
before it receives this data.  Debug traces show it does receive the
message, but due to limitations of the CLI, I cannot correlate whether
it's received before or after the INVITE is dispatched.  It works
great direct to Asterisk (of course) via TE410P on the same NI-2
spans.

My FACILITY message that contains the CNAM wanders in from 100 to
400ms after the initial SETUP.  I can't seem to find any way to get
the MAX to stall for a half-second before invoking the INVITE (if
that's even the issue).  Is my provider too slow?  Is there another
valid way for CNAM to be provided during the SETUP message, assuming
my provider can stall the call setup until the SS7 query is returned?
(google for Q.931 docs not helping me much there either)

I know this isn't the place for Ascend/Lucent MAX discussion, but
there doesn't seem to be anything active out there.  I'm looking for a
mail list/newsgroup/community if there is one still alive.