[Asterisk-Users] FXS interfaces

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jun 23 06:53:38 MST 2005

> >     I got current stable release in CVS repository, and I think that Ok.
> > See below:
> >
> > /var/log/messages
> > Jun 22 17:04:35 darthvaden kernel: PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 02:09.0
> > Jun 22 17:04:35 darthvaden kernel: PCI: Sharing IRQ 9 with 00:1f.5
> > Jun 22 17:04:35 darthvaden kernel: Freshmaker version: 71
> > Jun 22 17:04:35 darthvaden kernel: Freshmaker passed register test
> > Jun 22 17:04:35 darthvaden kernel: Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
> > Jun 22 17:04:35 darthvaden kernel: Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
> > Jun 22 17:04:35 darthvaden kernel: Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC
> > mode)
> > Jun 22 17:04:35 darthvaden kernel: Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC
> > mode)
> > Jun 22 17:04:35 darthvaden kernel: Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard
> > TDM400P REV E/F (4 modules)
> > Jun 22 17:04:35 darthvaden kernel: Registered tone zone 0 (United States
> > / North America)
>
> Congratulations.  What were you using prior your pull from CVS?  Maybe
> something old that didn't recognize the the TDM400P and its daughters?
> >
> >     But all ports are green!
>
> Really?  Maybe they aren't making the RED FXO cards anymore.  You should
> look at them carefully for p/n differences and not rely on colors.  The
> zapel driver tells you what you need to know too.
> >
> > p1 - green
> > p2 - green
> > p3 - green
> > p4 - green
>
> I wonder if Digium will update their website?  It's got a strong
> commitment to red FXO modules in the graphics.

I'm not the OP, but it would appear (based on postings within the last
week) that yet _another_ version of the TDM modules/card is being
sold by digium, and the Stable zaptel drivers (and probably many
cvs-head working systems) are using card drivers that don't support
these modules/card.

Driver version handling still seems to be an area that could be
addressed far better then what it has been in the past.