[Asterisk-Users] Using HEAD version of Zaptel with Asterisk Stable Release

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Jun 22 13:59:44 MST 2005

> I need to try the CVS HEAD release of Zaptel on the stable Asterisk release.
> I was wondering how to do this. I currently have a stable Asterisk running
> on a Dell Server with Redhat Enterprise 3 Linux. I was wondering if anyone
> can give me some pointers of how to do this using CVS. Should I rename the
> current Zaptel source directory and download the latest HEAD version? Or is
> there a better way to do this. Has anyone done this on your system?

Anytime that I change versions, I rename the currrent source like this:
 mv zaptel zaptel-Jun21
then checkout, make clean, and make install.

If you need to move back to the previous version, simply reverse the steps
 mv zaptel zaptel-bad
 mv zaptel_Jun21 zaptel
 cd zaptel
 make clean
 make install

If you don't follow those steps, it is highly probable the last step shown
won't actually install the modules as the dates will be older then what's
actually installed. So the make clean followed by make install is necessary.

I believe the cvs-head zaptel stuff will run with Stable, but don't
use Stable so not absolutely sure.