[Asterisk-Users] RE: Asterisk to NEC NEAX

Jason Kawakami jkkawakami at optellabs.com
Wed Jun 22 09:02:13 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
<snip>
How can I make calls from Asterisk client to NEC NEAX 2400 traditional
phone ?

-this really depends on what software level of 2400 you have.

Is it possible to have a connection between Asterisk and NEC NEAX 2400,
since NEC-NEAX2400 is an IP-PBX and supports SIP.

-if you do have an 2400 IPX that is in fact an IP-Enabled PBX but it would
be a stretch to say that it support SIP natively.  Maybe if you were talking
about the new platform, the SV-7000, natively would be the right word but...

-your best and most stable bet will be to use a t-1/pri connection to the
2400 you have.  I have done this several times to 2400's and 2000's so I
know that it works.  I also know that if you were really keen to build a
super tight integration with the NEC platforms you could sniff their CCIS
protocol and build yourself a channel to *.  I am not good enough to do this
but I know that it can be done.

Good luck

Jason Kawakami
www.optellabs.com