[Asterisk-Users] ISDN (PRI) in the US and Redirect?

John Millican john at millican.us
Wed Jun 22 09:03:19 MST 2005

Hello,
I have read about using redirect on a sip channel to get * to step out of the
voice path.  Is this possible with ISDN or maybe a US T-1?  I would like to
have the * box answer a call, do some niffty IVR/AGI stuff, and then redirect
that call back to the originating switch to be passed on to a dialed number
or straight to a dialed number and then step out of the voice path to free up
bandwidth.   Is this possible or do I need to get involved in SS7 stuff? I
have seen a lot of talk on the wiki about redirect but nothing that I
understand as what I need.  I have seen the manager API redirect to place 2
calls into a meetme but this is not what I need, also not looking for call
deflect.
Thank you for any sugestions,
John M