[Asterisk-Users] Is this server sufficient?

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Wed Jun 22 04:27:52 MST 2005

I've tried to find some details on the wiki, but was unable to get a
satisfactory result, so I am asking here:

I have a Linux (FC3) box with these specs:

vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 3
model name      : AMD Duron(tm) Processor
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 797.388
cache size      : 64 KB

MEM: currently 256, looking to upgrade to 512/768 (depending on available
sticks)

HDD: 80 GB

It is currently doing File/Printer serving.

Ideally I'd want it to do Asterisk (2 ISDN BRI & 8 phones), File/Printer
server on a home network (3 clients) and some light SMTP (< 100 emails a
day)

Is this machine sufficient for the task? (Ignoring the fact it needs
either a multi-BRI card or 2 single BRI cards to be able to connect to the
PSTN <G>)

TIA!

--
Francesco Peeters