[Asterisk-Users] Seeking Inbound 800# Origination for Unique Prostate Cancer Support Call-In Show

Lee Barken barken at rohan.sdsu.edu
Tue Jun 21 18:58:24 MST 2005

Dear Asterisk Community,
   Does your company provide inbound 800# origination?  If so, please read
this message and e-mail us a quote for monthly co-lo hosting of our
asterisk server and per-minute inbound 800# origination.

The Prostate Cancer Research and Education Foundation (PC-REF) is a
non-profit organization dedicated to helping prostate cancer sufferers and
their loved ones.  We have created a weekly "call-in show" using Asterisk
that we offer as a FREE service to the public.  Callers can ask their
questions from world reknown experts, or just listen in.  It's kind of
like a "talk show" except you use your telephone, instead of a radio.

We need a provider who can host our Asterisk Server and provide reliable
IAX2 or SIP inbound 800# traffic.  The show is one hour per week.  We need
the capability to support 100+ simultaneous callers.  Most callers listen
for the entire duration of the show.

We have been working with another provider for the last several months,
however, after many trials and tribulations, they have determined that
their maximum capacity is 15 simultaneous callers.  They will remain
anonymous for the time being, as I truly believe that they worked very
hard and to the best of their abilities.  However, they were just
technically unable to deliver to our requirements, despite their promises
and best efforts.  As they have been kind enough to offer a complete
refund, I see no reason to "embarass" them in this forum.

Therefore, it would be "helpful" (but not an absolute requirement) for
your company to be able to "port/migrate" our 800 number so that we can
keep our existing phone number.

We are ready to move quickly and eager to establish a long term, mutually
beneficial working relationship.  This call in show has the potential to
help many Prostate Cancer sufferers!  Your assistance will be recognized
and appreciated!!

Many Thanks,
   -Lee