[Asterisk-Users] Questions about FXO Outgoing Dialing

Matt Basch matt.basch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:56:02 MST 2005

Hey everyone,
 I am a new user to asterisk, and have encoutered a problem making outgoing
calls through my OEM Digium FXO PCI Card.
 Basically, I dial a number from my SIP Phone, say
 9-4107777373
 Then it picks up my line, and dials
 410-777-737..........3
 or
 4-107(jumbled together)-737
 and leaves out numbers...
 Sometimes, it works fine... but many times I get a ***your call did not go
through*** message from my phone company.
 I am using Asterisk @ Home distro, and a Celeron 2.4 ghz machine.
  I had one other question as well... I am trying to set this up as a phone
system for a school (for summer school)...i am daisy chaining off their pbx.
to dial outside, their pbx requires that you press...
 9.... (then wait until you hear a dial tone, 2-4 seconds)
then 9 again (wait 1-2 seconds)
 then area code and number.
 Is there a way I can program asterisk where the user can simply dial...
 94108887373, and Asterisk automatically dials...
 9.....9..4108887373?
  Thanks for any help,
greatly appreciate it!
 Matt Basch

--
Matthew J. Basch
matt.basch at gmail.com

***I have a new e-mail account with gmail.
All e-mails sent to matt.basch at umbc.edu
(and the rest of my umbc accounts) will be forwarded
automatically to matt.basch at gmail.com,however, please
update my contact information in your address book to
the new information. Thanks.