[Asterisk-Users] Echo Issues

Callum McGillivray callummc at ains.net.au
Tue Jun 21 18:37:31 MST 2005

Hi all,

We have just installed a * server (CVS head) with a TE110P card and a
IDSN20 line, we are using the GXP-2000 handsets running the latest
firmware (.9).

Some of the calls we are receiving have echo at the our end (we can hear
ourselves speak).

We have a traditional ISDN telephone system here as well and when I make
a call from one of the handsets asterisk answers, directs the call to
one of our representatives and the calls are completely clear, however
when we receive calls from customers at home, we often hear a lot of
echo (not all the time, just sometimes).

We have echo cancellation turned on and aren't really sure how we can
get rid of this.

Can anyone offer any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Callum