[Asterisk-Users] Digium Card: Echo, Echo and more Echo

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Jun 21 17:55:19 MST 2005

yOn Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Matthew Boehm wrote:

> We have a TE110P (single span PRI) and are having tons of echo on all calls,
> both incoming and outgoing. We didn't have any echo at all yesterday and
> nothing in any of the configs has changed.
>
> All of all calls follow this pattern:
>
>     Cisco 7960 -> Asterisk -> PRI

If it is Near Side echo (I.E. on the 7960 side) try telling your people to
lower the handset volume to 50% and see if it goes away. I've found that
the 7960's have very sensitive mics in the handset and if the earpiece
volume is too high, the mic will pick it up and it shows up as a really
annoying echo artifact that will drive you nuts. Nothing you will do on
the Asterisk side will take care of it.

I've not had any issues w/ my TE100P and TE405P cards using X/O, Easton
and Broadwing PRIs.

                             KP-216-121-ST