[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Connecting pbx and asterisk: using TE405P Asterisk -> T1 -> PBX

Karthik Natarajan karthik at infoprocorp.com
Tue Jun 21 13:20:43 MST 2005

We have an old Telrad 128KSU PBX to which I am trying to connect asterisk in
the following manner:

Current Setup:

Telco-> T1->PBX

Desired Setup:

Telco-> T1-> Asterisk-> T1-> PBX.

I am first trying to setup the Asterisk -> T1->PBX part without disturbing
existing setup so I can get asterisk to forward calls to PBX and once that
is done, I would try to move the telco from pbx to Asterisk.

I have 2 T1 cards on my PBX (1 for current telco and 1 for connecting
asterisk)

I have a TE405P card on the Asterisk server with span 2 connected to the pbx
via a T1 crossover cable.

My PBX T1 config is set to ESF, B8ZS and E&M Wink.

My zaptel.conf has the following:

Span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs  ;connecting port 2 of TE405P card to pbx, leaving port
1 for porting telco later
e&m=25-48
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

my Zapata.conf has the following:
group=1
context=default
signalling=featd ; em_w ;have been trying both in various combinations
switchtype=national
channel => 25-48

my extensions.conf has the following sample dialplan:

exten => 233,1,Dial(Zap/g1/9233)
exten => 241,1,Dial(Zap/g1/9241)
exten => 253,1,Dial(Zap/g1/9253)

I want that if someone calls in to asterisk and dials 233 it should forward
the call to my pbx via the T1 and send 9233 and my pbx has a DID route for
9233 to ring 233. Similarly for others.

I am stuck at my pbx not showing a green light on the T1 card, while the
TE405P seems to sense the pbx and shows a green light on the card on
asterisk box.

The pbx is connected to asterisk using a T1 crossover cable. I tried a
straight cable but then the TE405P starts showing a blinking red.

Can anyone please help?

Karthik Natarajan
karthik at infoprocorp.com