[Asterisk-Users] [partialy - solved] IAX with shaw cable not going through

Robert Webb asterisk at ropeguru.com
Sat Jun 18 15:34:02 MST 2005

Actually, the SB5100's are one of the best cable modems on the market.
The question here is, how does Shaw configure their network? When you
originally signed up with them, did you have to give them the MAC
address off your network card? Or just the MAC off the modem? If it is
the second, then power down the modem for a minute or two, then with the
new firewall in place, power the SB5100 back up, then power up the new
firewall. No, you will probably not retain the same IP address. That is
just life in the cable HIS industry.

It is not the SB5100 causing the issue. If anything, it is Shaw and
their DHCP policies. I have a SB5100, and by power cyclcing, I can
change firewalls all day long with no issues.

Robert