[Asterisk-Users] Miax: Digital voice channel when connecting to asterisk

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Fri Jun 17 04:02:49 MST 2005

Hi,

I've bought a Siemens GSM-modem based on the Siemens TC35-module.

I studied the operation manual of the modem and found, that for
transferring voice via the RS232 wire, the module supports
"RS232-mulitplexing" and wires the voice data on a separate
"channel" (whatever this means on RS232?).

Now I wonder, whether that feature is supported by miax.
All what I read about, was transfering GSM voice data via bluetoth
from a cell phone to miax.

Does anyone succeeded in connecting a GSM-modem via miax to
asterisk and transfering the GSM voice data via the RS232
cable?

Thanks for any hints!
Roger.

P.S.
Somewhere I read the advice, that I should connect the (analogue) audio
connector to the PC's soundcard, which is supported by miax. But
transferring the GSM voice data analogious and digitizing again
afterwords is not, what I really am looking for.