[Asterisk-Users] Sip INFO DTMF over satellite

lists at bazaar.co.ke lists at bazaar.co.ke
Fri Jun 17 03:31:35 MST 2005

Hi all

Am experiencing a very weird behaviour with sip info DTMF . I have an *
box which is a satellite hop away. When I make a call from a Grandstream
call set to send DTMF thru sip info, am able to navigate through the *
menus very well. meaning that the DTMF is being recieved very well. The
problem is when I connect to an external sip server that has an IVR. The
external sip server does not seem to recieve the DTMF from the GS phone.
 From an * server on the LAN connecting to the external sip server, the
DTMF are recieved very well on the external server. I read something
about the 250ms  of the Sip INfo Mode of DTMF relay but its very shallow
and have no idea on how to change the settings on Asterisk.

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=SIP%20Info%20DTMF

Note: dtmf-relay or dtmf are not yet IANA registered application mime types

Cisco uses SIP INFO for DTMF relay: See
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t11/ftinfo.htm

Cisco equipment uses the following feature restrictions:
-Minimum signal duration is 100 milliseconds (ms). If a request is
received with a duration less than 100ms, the minimum duration of 100 ms
is used by default.
-Maximum signal duration is 5000 ms. If a request is received with a
duration longer than 5000 ms, the maximum duration of 5000 ms is used by
default.
-If no duration parameter is included in a request, the gateway defaults
to a signal duration of 250 ms.

Can this be what is causing my problem ?