[Asterisk-Users] rxfax problem - libspandsp issue?

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Thu Jun 16 15:53:58 MST 2005

Hi,

I just started my very first attempt receiving
faxes by asterisk.

Compiling, installing and setup went without problems.
(asterisk-1.0.7, libtiff-3.6.1, SuSE-Linux 9.1)

When receiving a fax also everthings seems to work fine,
but the tiff file itsself is corrupted. Various tiff viewers
do report errors (wrong line lengths) and finaly display
a picture, which has nothing to do with the original.

Did anyone encounter the same problem? Is it a version
problem of libtiff? (libtiff-3.6.1 seems to be the most
recent one, besides CVS.)

Thanks for any hints!
Roger.