[Asterisk-Users] faxdetect config issues

Greg Blakely greg at vyger.net
Thu Jun 16 11:35:26 MST 2005

My Asterisk fax detection used to work, but no longer does.

OK.  So, here's the deal:

1. It appears that the "faxdetect" command cannot be applied
channel-by-channel in zapata.conf anymore, as Asterisk appears to the
last "faxdetect=" command to ALL channels.

2. My stations are detected and sent to the proper extension; i.e., when
I send a fax from one zap extension to a zap voice extension, it is
intercepted and sent to my fax machine (which is on a SIP ATA).
HOWEVER, my ZAP trunks are NOT detected.  A call from an outside FAX
machine goes to voice mail, and I get a message full of CNG tone.

My questions are:

1. How can I make faxdetect apply on a per-channel basis again?  (It
USED to work that way)
2. How can I make my outside lines have CNG tone detected on them?

Here is my config:

In ZAPATA.CONF:
; A typical trunk
Faxdetect=incoming     ; have tried also "both" and "outgoing"
context = fromqwest
group=  9
channel => 1
;
; A typical station
signalling = fxo_ks
musiconhold=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
restrictcid=no
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
group = 1
mailbox = 777
callerid = <777>
context = internal
channel => 7
;

In EXTENSIONS.CONF

[fromqwest]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(1)
;exten => s,3,Zapateller(answer|nocallerid)
exten => s,3,NoOp
;exten => s,4,PrivacyManager
exten => s,4,NoOp
exten => s,5,Goto(internal,s,1)
;
exten => fax,1,NoOp(Fax Detected)
exten => fax,2,Dial(SIP/222-5000,20,tr)
exten => fax,3,Congestion
;

[internal]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Dial(ZAP/g1&ZAP/10&ZAP/11&ZAP/17&ZAP/38&SIP/20,16,tr)
exten => s,3,Goto(vm,s,1)
exten => s,4,Hangup
exten => s,103,Playtones(busy)
exten => s,104,Wait(20)