[Asterisk-Users] Case studies for Asterisk Voicemail

Michael Stearne mstearne at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 09:07:00 MST 2005

On 6/16/05, Alistair Cunningham <acunningham at integrics.com> wrote:
> I'm planning an Asterisk Voicemail system of around 3000 users spread
> across several sites, each site connected by a fast network to a central
> site. We're considering 2 models:
>
> - Central Voicemail with VoIP calls from remote sites (easier to
> administer the system(s)).
>
> - Voicemail server at each site with shared database and NFS server at
> the central site (easier to connect to the existing PBXs for MWI, etc).

I would suggest using the Realtime Voicemail setup in a MySQL (or
other) database.

http://voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20RealTime%20Voicemail

This works well for us with about 400 users (but still under
development so not heavily tested).  It makes updates and
configurations much easier and could easily be share with many
Asterisk machines.

Michael