[Asterisk-Users] WiFi IP Phones

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Jun 16 04:12:04 MST 2005

On Thursday 16 June 2005 06:59, Anton Krall wrote:
> Guys.. We havent even started taking about costs here. Velieve me, this
> customer is not concerned about costs ... At least not yet... He just wants
> to know if there are any IS wifi phones compatible with asterisk out there.

Any IS SIP phone should work just fine with Asterisk, but I have never seen an
IS SIP phone.  It might be far better to use an IS cordless phone and put the
base station and ATA in an explosion-proof box.  We do that with our
industrial drives.  VERY cool looking (1/2 or 3/4" bolt every 1" around the
entire enclosure door, 1" thick steel) but as you can imagine, unbelievably
expensive.

The IS crowd is a lot like the food agency crowd -- stainless steel enclosures
ain't cheap but you're talking about health and safety -- they realize and
understand that they're not looking for cheap.

-A.