[Asterisk-Users] Nasty little incident ...

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Jun 15 23:42:41 MST 2005

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Rich Adamson wrote:

> Just a wild guess....
>
> When the two meridian links disappeared, the channel numbers
> probably changed. Instead of channels 1 through 124, you probably
> have channels 1 through 62 and your supporting dialplan (and other
> channel specific items) likely don't match.

No - just because the span goes doesn't mean its gone.  Its simply there
and down.

Here's my theory as to the problem:  In the config, Spans 1 and 3 are to
the telco, 2 and 4 to the old pbx.  Clocking is being taken from spans 1
and 3.

Now the symptom when the meridian was disconnected was like zaptel had no
clock.

So theory one is that the spans are actually plugged into the board
"upside down", with telco on 4 and 2, meridian on 3 and 1.  so when the
meridian was disconnected there was no more clock.

Second theory is that the zaptel.conf was changed - maybe moving which
spans clock comes from - and the zaptel modules weren't reloaded or ztcfg
wasn't run.

Port 1 on the TE410P is at the "top" (away from the mobo), btw.

Steve