[Asterisk-Users] Old but Gold

support at sigmasdi.com support at sigmasdi.com
Wed Jun 15 01:47:40 MST 2005

Everyone,
Im sure you've seen this error a million times, but Ive looked everywhere I
can think of & still haven't found a solution that works.
I'm trying to make an outside call, I can call the physical phone from a
xlite on another pc (and vice versa) but whenever I try to make a call to
the outside world, this happens:

on the CLI:

Jun 15 08:45:20 NOTICE[10390]: app_dial.c:972 dial_exec_full: Unable to
create channel of type 'Zap' (cause 0)
  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)

This is my zapata.conf:

[channels]
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=fxo_ks
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long (250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=polarity
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
sendcalleridafter=3
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=no
transfer=no
cancelcallforward=yes
callreturn=no
echocancel=64
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
echotraining=800
rxgain=5.0
txgain=6.5
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
busydetect=no
busycount=6
callprogress=no
progzone=uk
callerid=01614830073

; I think this refers to the telephone socket on the card
; this will have something to do with income or outgoing calls , probably
incoming
group=1 ; in group 1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
context=default
channel=>1 ; on channel 1
callerid=01614830073 <dylan>

This is the contents of my zaptel.conf

# added by dylan as per
http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=configuration#TDM11B

fxoks=1 # Make sure that the FXS(green) module is closest to the bracket if
you are looking at the side of the card with all of $
fxsks=4 # FXO module
defaultzone=uk
loadzone=uk
# end of dylan added

This is the output from ztcfg -vvv

[root at localhost asterisk]# ztcfg -vvv

Zaptel Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)

2 channels configured.

[root at localhost asterisk]#

And this is the relavent part of my extentions.conf

; START OF DYLANS MESSING AROUND SECTION
[globals]
OUTBOUND=Zap/4
DYLAN=SIP/301
JOHN=SIP/300
EVERYONE=${DYLAN}&${JOHN}

[nationalcalls]
exten=> _01.,1,Dial(${OUTBOUND}/${EXTEN},20)
exten=> _01.,2,Congestion

[from-sip]
include =>default
include =>nationalcalls

exten => 301,1,Dial(SIP/301,5) ' if 301 is dialed, dial out on sip channel
to extention 301 for 5 seconds
exten => 301,2,Voicemail(u301)

exten => 500,1,VoicemailMain
exten => 500,2,Hangup

exten => 300,1,Dial(SIP/300,10)
exten => 300,2,Voicemail(u300)

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
is for the intended recipient(s) alone. It may contain privileged
and confidential information that is exempt from disclosure under
English law and if you are not an intended recipient, you must
not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately
either by using the reply facility on your e-mail system or by
contacting us at support at sigmasdi.com . If this message is being
transmitted over the Internet, be aware that it may be intercepted
by third parties.