[Asterisk-Users] Making Asterisk NOT Pickup a Line when Ringing?

Jerry jerry at voiptower.com
Tue Jun 14 09:49:23 MST 2005

> Well voip-info seems to be down.   However, a search on google does
> bring up info about using Wait(x);... but as I stated.. using that
> (even without an answer line) seems to make Asterisk take control of
> the line!

Apparently you can do this with contexts; I actually _just_ posted a
Question for a clarification on this one. (See "Questions about contexts")

Basically you aim your inbound Zap channel at either a non-existent
context, or a blank context, and Asterisk won't do anything.

I'm curious because you say that it "answers" without an Answer line.
There are some apps that will automatically answer, but if you are
just using wait(x) then there shouldn't be an answer. When you dial into
the Zap card, do you hear it answer while watching the console?

Thanks,
J.