[Asterisk-Users] Making Asterisk NOT Pickup a Line when Ringing?

Bryce Chidester bryce at rhinoequipment.com
Tue Jun 14 09:16:36 MST 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 09:04, Matt wrote:
> Hi,
> What do I need to do to get asterisk to NOT pickup a Zap channel when
> it rings?  The channel in question is used for outbound calls only,
> and all incoming calls are answered by an analog phone elsewhere in
> the building that does not run through asterisk... so.. either make it
> not answer.. or make it delay for like 90 seconds.. I've tried
> wait's.. but it still seems to pickup the channel (even without an
> answer!)

Simply not defining the channel in zaptel/zapata (either or both, but
primarily zapata) should do it. If Asterisk doesn't know about the
channel, then it won't know it's ringing.

Regards,
Bryce Chidester
Rhino Equipment Corp.
bryce at rhinoequipment.com        SIP: 305 at rhinoequipment.zapto.org
+1 (480) 940-1826 x305                IAX:
guest at rhinoequipment.zapto.org/305