[Asterisk-Users] Should I choose DSL @ 1.5 or a full T1?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Jun 14 05:51:49 MST 2005

On Monday 13 June 2005 22:54, Eric Rees wrote:
> Correct me if I am wrong.  I can remember installing a T1's with a HDSL
> unit at the last CO, in which the T1 was delivered to the customer's
> prem in two wires.  I think they called this fast half-duplex.

Just because it's two-wire doesn't mean it's not full-duplex.  I have a
schematic for a circuit that will do (IIRC) 10mbit FULL DUPLEX over one pair
of wires.  It does so by level-shifting the transmit and receive into
different "voltage ranges".

While this isn't what HDSL2 is doing, I am certain that HDSL2 is full duplex
as well.

-A.