[Asterisk-Users] Portable USB headset for VoIP

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Tue Jun 14 04:41:50 MST 2005

On Tue, June 14, 2005 13:04, Paul Mahler said:
> I've bought bunches of these:
> http://www.tigernetcom.com/products_USB_100.html
>

> they work great. Very handy.
>
> Paul
>
> pmahler at signate.com
>

> I'm trying to find a voip-suitable USB headset (I.E. headphones +
> microphone) which I can use with my laptop while I'm traveling and using
> Firefly or another softphone.
>
> I'm currently using a Logitech headset which works well (except the echo
> it
> generates toward the other caller when I turn up the gains too high), but
> it
> just doesn't carry well - in fact, I can't carry it in my laptop case any
> more
> just becuase it doesn't fit and it was getting very beat up.
> I'd like to find something which folds up and is designed for travel.  It
> has
> to be USB sicne I don't have a MIC in (just line) on my laptop.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -forrest

I actually use a Bluetooth Headset and Bluetooth USB Dongle when
traveling... The one I use can be paired with both my cell-phone and my
computer (though not simultaneously, but I've never had the need for that
yet!)

Whichever device I want to use it with initiates a connect, and once it is
connected, it can be used with that device exclusively until it is turned
off or disconnected manually from the initiating device...

Just my € 0,02 worth!

--
Francesco Peeters
----