[Asterisk-Users] Need help connecting two * pcs with *@home

Andy Hamilton ciscophonefreak at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:14:44 MST 2005

On 6/13/05, db_nz at paradise.net.nz <db_nz at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> What I want to be able to do is dial ext 2009 from server b (2009 doesnt exist
> on this server) and have it ring 2009 on server a. If that is difficult to do,
> I can always revert to dialing a prefix, eg. 22009 to call server a.

If you're using IAX, you may find the following of some use:

Server A:
In iax.conf:
[general]
register => andy:mypassword at myipaddressorhost.com

[andy]
type=friend
context=otherservervoip
auth=rsa
inkeys=otherserver

In extensions.conf:
[otherservervoip]
exten = _66XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/andy:mypassword at myiporhost.com/${EXTEN:2})

Server B:
[andy]
type=friend
secret=mypassword
username=andy
host=dynamic
context=default
outkey= otherservervoip

I gleaned most of this from the wiki (voip-info.org). Highly
recommended and valuable resource. Be prepared to play around with
this stuff a bit first before it works.  I think you'll find the
documentation extremely helpful.

-Andy