[Asterisk-Users] DNIS and DID seeking confirmation

jltaylor jltaylor at metrotel.net
Mon Jun 13 09:39:18 MST 2005

DID number is the number commonly assigned to a PSTN trunk.

DNIS and DID may be the same.  DNIS refers to the "Dialed Number" that is
passed as signaling with the call (or on ss7).  Most calls have ANI and
DNIS.

Your extensions look ok, assuming that the carrier sends the digits that
match.

What Asterisk "looks for" is determined by how you have signaling setup in
your config for the card(s) that you have installed.  So, this must match
the signaling on the carrier side.

James Taylor
MetroTel
3505 Summerhill Road