[Asterisk-Users] Interfacing to an IAD

Corwin Nichols corwin at microtech.com
Mon Jun 13 08:56:33 MST 2005

I'm considering switching my incoming phones lines from standard analog
to a T-1 service from XO communications. They propose to bring in an
"IAD" which has 12 lines of voice and 768k of internet bandwidth as part
of a package deal. Since I want to keep the voice traffic in the digital
domain the equipment they're proposing is a "Lucent Digital Vina
Integrator" IAD with a digital TC card. I've searched the web to find
any sort of info on how I can connect this IAD to my Asterisk box
without success. What I find in general is that this kind of IAD can
either provide analog voice output (POTS) or "digital T-1" output. I
presume the latter is what they're providing.

Is a "digital T-1" from an IAD the same kind of interface as a PRI T-1?
Would something like a Digium TE-110P handle this interface? Does anyone
out there have experience with a Vina IAD with digital voice circuit output?

Thanks for any assistance.
-Corwin Nichols