[Asterisk-Users] T1 multiplexer (or ?) for failover in large installation

Mike mike-asterisk at potatoslicer.com
Mon Jun 13 08:35:08 MST 2005

Hi,

Please forgive my terminology, still a bit new to T1s and such.

I'm looking for a way to have 5 T1s from a carrier terminate into some type
of box (multiplexer?), then be able to plug 7 asterisk servers into that box
(each with single port T1 card) and be able to have 2 * servers go down at
any given time and not actually have the carrier see that anything has happened.
Obviously if a * server crashes the calls on it at the time will drop, but
then once the box (multiplexer?) sees that a T1 is down (between the box
and asterisk) it will terminate those DS0's on another T1. Basically some
type of hunting/pooling/load balancing.

Anyone heard of anything like this? Or am I off my rocker?

Thanks,
Mike