[Asterisk-Users] RE: GSM -> ULAW sound conversion

Kevin Bockman ml at neoninternet.com
Sun Jun 12 11:05:17 MST 2005

> Now, if I do a record on Asterisk, using pcm, au, or ul, I get pops in
> the audio.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> Also, what types of wav (not WAV) files does Asterisk generate?  I have
> a couple wav files to convert too.  I believe if I do a sox file.wav -r
> 8000 -c 1 fle.wav file.gsm, I have the same type of problem.
>
> Kevin Bockman

If I store the file as gsm and record it as gsm, open it was gsm 6.10
with Audacity, it is fine.  I know I am doing something wrong with the
u-law conversion.

On a similar note, I have seen in the archives where people have an
output of the file type, showing Hz, bits, etc.. what are they using
for that?

Thanks,

Kevin Bockman