[Asterisk-Users] GSM -> ULAW sound conversion

Kevin Bockman ml at neoninternet.com
Sun Jun 12 10:34:59 MST 2005

Hello,

I have figured out that my audio problem was just how I was converting
the sound files.  I am trying to convert the Asterisk gsm files to
ULAW.

I just did a: sox file.gsm file.ul, open it in Audacity.  I used:
Project, Import Raw, U-law, No endian, 1 channel, start offest 1 byte,
sample rate 8000hz.  The file sounds fine in Audacity.

Now, if I do a record on Asterisk, using pcm, au, or ul, I get pops in
the audio.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, what types of wav (not WAV) files does Asterisk generate?  I have
a couple wav files to convert too.  I believe if I do a sox file.wav -r
8000 -c 1 fle.wav file.gsm, I have the same type of problem.

Thanks,

Kevin Bockman