[Asterisk-Users] DID Issue

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Sun Jun 12 07:52:39 MST 2005

I have a pretty strange problem.  I have about 100 DID's that come down
a PRI from SBC in the United States.  On Friday afternoon, one of my
DID's flipped out.  When you call it, the SBC operator comes on and says
that the line has been disconnected.  I contacted them and they ran test
and they are telling me the problem has to be on my end.  My problem is
that the CLI never shows the number as called.  It seems to me it would
show that ZAP channel ring and then say what it decided to with it.
I've got nothing.  I even shut the * box down and brought it back up,
same problem...

In the past, if I shut down a SIP device and you try to call the DID,
I'm pretty sure you got a busy signal, not an SBC operator.  Anyone have
idea how to troubleshoot this one?  I pretty sure it's a problem with
the phone company, some type of translation issue.

Mark