[Asterisk-Users] Load balancing for each protocol

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sun Jun 12 05:22:15 MST 2005

On 00:03, Mon 13 Jun 05, Matt Riddell wrote:
> Yves wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I'm trying to find a good solution for load-balancing of several
> >Asterisk box, for each VoIP protocol (IAX,SIP,H323). My idea is to have
> >a front VoIP router (or several) who dispatches the calls of the
> >different boxes.
> >
> >This routing can be done with SER for SIP (redirect server) & GnuGK  for
> >H323 (gkrouted 2). Now for IAX, is it possible to configure an Asterisk
> >box to act as a "Redirect server" and not as a "proxy" ?
> >
> >Any help would be appreciated, even you're telling me I'm going in the
> >wrong direction.

Hi,

Are the asterisk boxes on the same subnet ?
If so, you could setup an OpenBSD CARP combi.
It will also provide failover for when one of the boxes go
down. All you have to do then is to setup the load balancing
stuff in PF and you're set.
What's next is the voicemail and dialplan propagation on all
the boxes that take part in the loadbalance setup. Guess you
already have something in mind for that cause your post is
talking about connections.

--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info
GnuPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D

"Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and BSD. I don't think that this is a coincidence."