[Asterisk-Users] howto write CDRs on two mysql servers

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sat Jun 11 20:35:08 MST 2005

Rosario Pingaro wrote:

> For redundancy I would like to write the CDRs on tow mysql servers.
>
> cdr_mysql.conf accept only one configuration [global],
>
> how to add a second host?

I think that is the wrong end you are looking. Try to use MySQL cluster
and you can add servers as you wish on the fly. However, you need a lot
of memory for each of these machines.

My road map of growing system is:
1. Two (more) Asterisk servers use the same mysql database (done) and
share the same config files and temp area (e.g., wakeup) (planned via
NFS as a quick solution, later to contribute that back to MySQL)
2. Add one (two) SER servers with round robinson DNS settings
3. Add multiple Mysql cluster to the existing Mysql machine
4. relocate a set of machines to another place

End will be, that the MySQL cluster becomes the heart of all!!! SER and
Asterisk will become "slaves" of MySQL.

bye

Ronald