[Asterisk-Users] Transcoding GSM to G723.1

Ade Agbero agberocms at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 14:04:56 MST 2005

My VOIP carrier is using G723.1 Codec, so I have set my SIP softphone to G723.1, but I have also set up a Prepaid Calling Card application, which requires a number of sound files to be played. Due to licensing issues sound files on GSM can not be played because the SIP softphones are on G723.1 codec (Transcoding issues).

Any ideas on a solution, I am thinking of converting the sound files from GSM format to G723.1, or loading Asterisk with G723.1 codec to allow transcoding from GSM to G723.1.