[Asterisk-Users] Re: ztdummy/rtc

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sat Jun 11 13:56:34 MST 2005

In article <20050611182830.21986.qmail at gem-wbe06.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net>,
Kevin Bockman <ml at neoninternet.com> wrote:
> > make -C /lib/modules/2.6.11.11/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/zaptel modules
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11.11'
> >   Building modules, stage 2.
> >   MODPOST
> > *** Warning: "rtc_unregister" [/usr/src/zaptel/ztdummy.ko] undefined!
> > *** Warning: "rtc_control" [/usr/src/zaptel/ztdummy.ko] undefined!
> > *** Warning: "rtc_register" [/usr/src/zaptel/ztdummy.ko] undefined!
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11.11'
> >
> > when I run make linux26
>
> Also, I do not have RTC support in the kernel since the headers are
> included from ztdummy, I thought that Tony said that it is not
> required.  Do I need RTC support compiled into the kernel?

You do need RTC support in the Kernel, because it is the hooks in the
rtc.c driver that the new ztdummy requires.

So firstly, you need to compile your kernel with either CONFIG_RTC=m
or CONFIG_RTC=y (I only tried ztdummy on a kernel compiled with
CONFIG_RTC=m, which is the default on Fedora).

Then after that, you don't need to put -DUSE_RTC in the Makefile, all
you need to do is remove the #if 0 from around the #define of USE_RTC in
ztdummy.c. (The #if 0 was added in a hurry because someone forgot to
include the ztdummy.h update in CVS, which made the compilation of
ztdummy.c fail - the correct fix was not to put in #if 0, but to add the
ztdummy.h update instead, and allow just the small minority of people
without RTC support in the kernel to comment out the #define USE_RTC).

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield