[Asterisk-Users] RE: Voicemail and MS Exchange Synchronization

Iassen Hristov ih.ng at databrokers.net
Sat Jun 11 11:40:50 MST 2005

All I am saying it that it won't work if the user is using POP3. I don't
think it is at all possible to overcome this. And as I said before this is
not the use case we are talking about.

The solution simply does not work for users retrieving e-mail via POP3 and
I don't see a way that it would. After all we are talking about an
enterprise environment here. It will work for everybody using Exchange and
Outlook w/ the native Exchange protocol, as well for all other IMAP servers
and IMAP clients.

I don't see a problem with this approach. Simply if you want this feature
you need to be using IMAP, not POP3.

I should think POP3 is very obsolete by now in corporate environments
anyhow.