[Asterisk-Users] lost g729 lic

Hermann Wecke hermann at wecke.com
Sat Jun 11 02:15:47 MST 2005

altus wrote:
> We installed a box a long time ago and they bought g729a licenses
> Now we want to upgrade and reinstall,whats going to happen with the
> codec,if I give the box the same ip as always will it work?

The Digium g729 license is bonded to the MAC address of all the
interfaces you have. If you change one NIC, it is gone. The IP address
is not used for anything. If you reinstall your box, you need to
re-register the codec.
Digium allows 2 registrations. After that, you need to contact them to
reset the database.