[Asterisk-Users] VoicePulse DTMF Problems Anyone?

Michael Stearne mstearne at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 22:35:53 MST 2005

We are developing an IVR application and when I am testing locally on
my machine using a softphone (iaxcomm) the digits I press for GET DATA
work every time.  I am testing with a local extension that goes right
into my routine.  However when I try to call in to the system using an
analog or cell phone GET DATA drops some digits that are pressed.
There doesn't seem to be a pattern to which digits get dropped either.
 Digits in the beginning middle or end gets dropped equally.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar issues.  I
believe the problem lies with VoicePulse because we are using them for
IAX connections.  I don't believe its a bandwidth problem on my
network (cable) because I have tried the same exact system/config
everything on another network (T1) and the same digit dropping
continues to happen. This is happening with a load of 1 call.

Is this problem with VoicePulse?  Is anyone else experiencing it?  Can
anyone recommend a more reliable company?

Thanks,
Michael