[Asterisk-Users] VOIP-INFO

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Jun 10 22:09:23 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 00:36 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> What I was getting at was that it's a resource which anyone can update.  How
> do you DNS load-balance such a beast without resorting to some kind of
> impossible fully automatic multiple way sync?  If you go to a common DB or DB
> cluster you've still got your bandwidth bottleneck.
>
> It's a nontrival problem and simply load-balancing with round-robin DNS isn't
> going to cut it.

wiis are against my religion, so I dont know mnuch about them, however
there are some basic questions first off.

Is the data only in google cache or do we have a good copy of it
somewhere?  (google: site:voip-info.org   and you should be able to pull
it for a week or so more)

Is the backend database driven or flat files?  Either is possible, I
just dont know what that particular software uses.

Is there any place that can be set up immediatly?  DSL wont cut it, the
site more than likely receives way too much traffic given the amount of
traffic it generated on this list.  sf.net may work in the short term,
even to display the cached pages and nothing else ... for now anyway -
something is better than nothing.

I seriously doubt that sf.net has any DB access, so its only suitable if
the wiki is flat files or to temp host the cached pages until something
more perm can be done.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378