[Asterisk-Users] Should I choose DSL @ 1.5 or a full T1?

Peter A. Solomon psolomon at esteli.net
Fri Jun 10 20:39:51 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Barton Fisher
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2005 9:27 PM
To: Asterisk-Users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Should I choose DSL @ 1.5 or a full T1?

I'm looking to expand my bandwidth for my Asterisk PBX.

Why should I choose a T1 over DSL for my asterisk server?

I found someone offering T1's for $290 a month + Loops or 3 Meg for $561 a
month + Loops.  Is this a good deal?

Thanks

Bart

If your looking at wanting to use QOS or Multiprotocol Label Switching on
the same line, then a T is the way to go. You don't mention the equipments
though so it's hard to answer your question. How many calls, Data & VOIP,
Protocol? Tier One ISP? You get what you pay for, it all depends up what you
need.