[Asterisk-Users] ASTCC what has been changed

Darren Wiebe darren at aleph-com.net
Fri Jun 10 18:18:15 MST 2005

Replies are inline.

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> Darren Wiebe wrote:
>
>> The new version has an "update database" button.  Install over your
>> old version and then press the update-database button in
>> 'configure'.  This worked for me but...  I think the default is not
>> to use pins but it is very easy to set yourself.
>>

> Unfortunately my case is not that easy!!!
> My motherboard of the machine, where Asterisk and ASTCC was installed
> is broken.
> I had copied (fortunately) the database to a database server, but that
> is all!!
> I do not have the config files as they have been on the old machine.
> I do not know what the config files should be.
> How can I create the config files and make sure that I don't loose the
> database?

I would recommend making a copy of the database but I don't think there
is anything in ASTCC that would be destructive to the database.

> When I use just save and than go to ASTCC cgi. than I can see the
> routes, the brand names. However, if I go to the cards, and try to
> list the cards, than I come to http://cgi-bin/....
>
> ... which is translated automatically in my browser to:
> http://www.unhcr.ch/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/home  !!!!
>
> I cannot find where it is set to my web domainname

There is not a place to set the domainname as it is not used.  This
sounds like a strange problem.  I would reinstall it from CVS.

> Also with save not all parameters are saved !!!! (mostlikely there is
> my problem)

That is almost certainly a permissions issue.  I've run into lots of
issues exactly like that with ASTPP and ASTCC.  So far it has always
been that apache did not have permission to write to the file.

> I do not use the SIP/IAXfriends.
> It created only one config file with save:
>
> cat /var/lib/astcc/astcc-config.conf
> ;
> ; Automatically created by astcc-admin.cgi.
> ;
> friendsdb = NO
> dbuser = user
> dbhost = 192.168.20.133
> dbname = astcc2005
> cardlength = 12
> ; Automatically created by astcc-admin.cgi. =
> startingdigit = 100000000000

I don't know if this is the actual line but I certainly would not
recommend leaving it like that.  Only the first digit should be in this
line.

> dbpass = passwd
> emailadd = ronald at elmit.com
> mailprog = sendmail
> email = YES
> ; =
>

> BTW, the Makefile still misses the astcc-user.cgi to move to the web.
>
> Any detail hints welcome ;-)
> (like a working config file, ...)

Here is my working file with the passwords and hosts changed.
;
; Automatically created by astcc-admin.cgi.
;
maintcdr = YES
emailadd = darren at aleph-com.net
dbname = astcc
cardlength = 6
email = YES
startingdigit = 8
dbuser = root
debug = YES
friendsdb = NO
pinlength = 4
; =
maintverbose = YES
maintname = Maintenance Fee
dbhost = host.company.abc
dbpass = abcdefg123
mailprog = /bin/mail
; Automatically created by astcc-admin.cgi. =
pinstatus = NO

Hope This Helps,

Darren Wiebe
darren at aleph-com.net