[Asterisk-Users] Newie Questions

Matthew T. O'Connor matthew at zeut.net
Fri Jun 10 14:27:28 MST 2005

Hello, I'm new to asterisk.  My company is opening a new office and I'm
seriously considering using Asterisk for the phone system.

A couple of questions:

How does Asterisk compete with the Avaya IP Office or the Nortel BCM
systems?

I have purchased a Polycom 500 phone but I'm having trouble getting it
setup and talking to Asterisk.  Is there somewhere that has SIP phone
setup A-Z for beginners?  All the documentation I have seen assumes you
know more than I know at this point.

I'm sure I'll have lots more questions, but that will do for now.

Thanks,

Matt