[Asterisk-Users] Re: Best BootRom & SIP Code for Poly600?

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Fri Jun 10 09:09:16 MST 2005

Hi Justin -

> Just getting started playing around with my Polycom 600.  According to
> the wiki, it looks like it's recommended to run BootRom 2.6.1 and SIP
> 1.4.1.  Is that info still current, or is it safe to upgrade to 3.0.1
> and 1.5.2?

I've been testing 1.5.2 for a few weeks now, and I'd have to say that
I much prefer it over all previous versions.  Everything works well.
The dialplan and administration are much easier, and the soft buttons
on the phone are more logically organized (especially forwarding
calls).  I'm still using bootrom version 2.6.1, though, in case I do
ever need to go back to an earlier sip version.

- Noah